Friday, June 26, 2009

It's not safe to walk on my street

It's not safe to walk on my street. . .

On Saturday, June 6, 2009, this dog chased a bicyclist, three girls on horseback and confronted me at my front gate. This all happened before 6:00AM. The dog resides at 10003 N. White Rd Maricopa, AZ 85239. The property is owned by Cal Bonefield.

On a previous occasion, PinalCounty Animal Care/Control responded to Bonefield's residence due to a dog at large complaint. A dog was taken away from his home at that time. Apparently, Bonefield thinks that he is above the law. Not long after the first incident, he acquired another even more aggressive dog which he freely allows to roam at large and endanger people's lives. I believe this violates A.R.S. 13-1208. The way I see it, Cal Bonefield is a criminal and he should be treated like one.

I contacted Pinal County Animal Care/Control on Thursday, June 4, 2009. The person that took my call informed me that they would respond and correct the issue in 24 hours or less. I didn't believe a word that person said. Obviously, the problem was not corrected as the Bonefield dogs were roaming at large the following day.

Unfortunately, many Pinal County residents don't take animal control officers seriously. Without a firearm, tazer and a pair of handcuffs, people think they are some kind of a joke and are taken for fools. I have been dealing with dog at large problems for over 16 years. I firmly believe that some child will have to be maimed or mauled to death before anything ever gets done. Bonefield has been warned before yet he continues to thumb his nose at the law, while at the same time recklessly endangering the safety of all who travel on White Road.

Bonefield has all of the makings of an apathetic habitual offender. I'm positive that if his dog killed a kid, he would deny all responsibility and make himself out to be the victim. People that act in such a way as to gamble with other people’s lives have no business breathing free air.

"Every Normal Man Must Be Tempted At Times To Spit On His Hands, Hoist The Black Flag And Begin Slitting Throats." - H.L. Mencken.

No comments:

Post a Comment