Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Part Two: Decay, waste and ruin in Pinal County. . . . It’s all around us.

















Barely an hour after posting the first segment of my “decay” blog last week, somebody in Pinal County government was reading it. I suspect our tax dollars are used to pay people to seek out dissenters by using search engines. As the week went on, more visitors from Pinal County government arrived on my page. I’m actually directing some of them here. Hopefully, more people will be reading this week’s postings. I regularly track and view my blog’s visitors. “I have your IP addresses and I know where you are.”

With armed extremists, drug gangs, kidnapping epidemics, illegal aliens, rolling gun fights on I-10 and rural blight, many politicians and businessmen are worried that tourists, along with their money will stop visiting Arizona. As most of us know, it’s all about their insane blood-lust for money. The quality of “our lives” is irrelevant in the eyes of politicians and businessmen. They call it progress. I call it demise and decay. To be honest, I hope tourists and visitors never come here. The more people that arrive in Arizona, the worse things get. I’ve been in Arizona for 24 years and have seen it gone from bad to worse in just the last decade. In fact, I hope half of the existing population would get out of the state. I would consider moving myself, but nobody in their right mind would by property in a blighted area like mine. And they are not.

My neighborhood is full of “For Sale” signs and has been for two years. In many cases, the signs have been there so long that they have either fallen off the posts or have been vandalized by these “wannabe thugnut” Hispanic “gang bangers” that have infested the Maricopa area. These low-life punks are a form of blight too. Like cockroaches and rats, these vermin thrive in rundown areas. A vacant building is like putting up a “welcome” sign to them.

During my initial trip out in the field, I found a property that was so bad that I have made it one of my personal projects. I hope the whole country sees this:

“Rural blight” in Pinal County. . . .Look at this disgusting mess.
http://vandal49588.blogspot.com/2009/09/rural-blight-in-pinal-county-look-at.html
 
As before, all I did was take a short drive around my neighborhood. I was not at all surprised to find so many deteriorated eyesores so close to home. Believe it or not, some of the structures I photographed are actually occupied by “people“. I came across another property where Mexicans were living in a garage. This area is full of tack rooms and run down travel trailers occupied by an assortment of dope fiends and illegal aliens. They are roaming at large while the rest of you are at work. Isn’t that comforting to know?

I would also like to point out that I’m not the best housekeeper or landscaper and don’t want to sound off like I’m on some high horse. I do have a little bit of junk in the back yard, however, I keep most of it concealed behind a fence. Unlike most of my neighbors, I even take the extra step in picking up the trash and litter deposited by slobs along the nearly 1000 feet of paved road frontage my property borders. I think most of my neighbors are too lazy to walk that far.

While on the subject of litter. . .The fat and disgusting Pinal County employee that operates the John Deere tractor with the mower attachment sat on my corner, ate his lunch and left his garbage behind. I wonder if he does this every day? It certainly should not be my job to pick up after county employees. I think his supervisor should make his filthy fat lazy ass walk a few miles with a trash bag. Littering and illegal dumping are more or less the same thing in my book. I can’t even stay home and not see disgusting “human pigs” in action.

My primary concern is with the numerous vacant or abandoned properties that have become open trash dumps and incubators for disease. I’m sure many of these properties are owned by banks and financial institutions as a direct result of the current liberal policy induced financial crisis. The rich and greedy “fat cat” bankers live in well manicured gated “HOA-Gestapo” controlled communities. They could care less about what happens to western Pinal County. Regardless of who owns these eyesores, they should be compelled to clean them up. It’s clearly obvious they have no morals or sense of decency to do it on their own.

"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency. Their sole object is gain." --Napoleon Bonaparte

It’s been my personal experience, that it’s almost impossible to get anybody to do the right thing, short of putting a gun to their head(s). Don’t bother to ask me how or where I learned this. Perhaps, the constitutionality of my behavior modification techniques should be reconsidered.

If there are any persons in the legal profession reading my blog, please contact me. Perhaps, a few law suits will open some eyes and get the ball rolling out here.

The Monkey Wrench Gang is a novel written by American author Edward Abbey (1927–1989), published in 1975.

Easily Abbey's most famous fiction work, the novel concerns the use of sabotage to protest environmentally damaging activities in the American Southwest, and was so influential that the term "monkeywrench" has come to mean, besides sabotage and damage to machines, any violence, sabotage, activism, law-making, or law-breaking to preserve wilderness, wild spaces and ecosystems.

"A sad, hilarious, exuberant, vulgar fairy tale. . .it'll make you want to go out and blow up a dam" -- The National Observer

"Destroying eyesores is simply another way of creating beauty, and Edward Abbey's dedicated crew are masters of this particular Renaissance. Of course, what the Monkey Wrench Gang does is outrageous, un-American and inimical to the sacred concept of property, and I thoroughly condemn them. If unchecked, they may even start dumping tea in Boston harbor. . ." -- Richard Bradford, author of Red Sky at Morning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey_Wrench_Gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EdwardAbbey_TheMonkeyWrenchGang.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Monkey-Wrench-Gang-Edward-Abbey/dp/038000741X
 
Note: I am not advocating that anyone blow up, burn down or destroy anything. If anything does happen to explode, collapse, burn or vanish in the middle of the night, I had absolutely nothing to do with it.
 
In 1985, while working as a contractor for Southwest Gas Corporation out of Tucson, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Abbey at his home in Oracle, AZ. I needed to gain access to his back yard. At the time, I was conducting a pipeline inspection as part of the Southwest Gas ABS Replacement Project. Unfortunately, I was working and didn’t have time to stick around and chat with him for very long.

I really enjoyed reading The Monkey Wrench Gang and still proudly keep a copy on my book shelf.

“Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top.” --Edward Abbey
  

No comments:

Post a Comment