Saturday, October 10, 2009

I hate the telephone company!



As many of you already know from my previous blog, I hate my telephone company. Last month, I made a number of changes to my telephone service with Qwest in order to save money. I thought everything was fine until today when I opened my phone bill. It was the highest bill of the year and I made only one $0.30 long distance call. Too bad, I don’t really have much of a choice. If utility companies, weren’t legalized monopolies, they wouldn’t be able to get away with the stunts they pull.

Last month’s plan of action was to dump AT&T because they were charging me $18.82/month for services I rarely used. I went as far as making a recorded statement to confirm and verify my changes to my service. As it should happen, AT&T had absolutely no knowledge of this change. Isn’t that convenient? I was being charged for two long distance carriers. Somebody screwed up and it wasn’t me. Therefore, I shouldn’t be paying for somebody else’s mistake.

Previous blog:
Qwest Communications and inferior rural telephone service http://vandal49588.blogspot.com/2009/09/update-qwest-communications-and.html
 
On Friday, October 9, 2009, I spoke with a very soft spoken Middle Eastern or Indian sounding “Turd World” son of a bitch. He pissed me off from the very beginning of the call. Being hearing impaired, I insisted that he speak up. Being a White American, I have little patience for these outsourced off-shore representatives. He insisted on talking like his hand covered his mouth. He could have been talking out of his ass for all I know. As most of you can imagine, the call did not end well. It ended with me being angry. I was already angry enough when I opened my statement upon returning from my mailbox.

At this point, I was done talking with AT&T. I didn’t want a repeat of the “Wells Fargo Incident”, where my home was surrounded by sheriff’s deputies because I used bad language on the phone. I did manage to insult and verbally abuse this creature before making him hang up on me. I must have hurt his feelings. “If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.“ These so-called customer service representatives are more than likely trained to be total assholes. It’s their desire to make people give up, take their lumps and go away in hopes they never call back. Unfortunately for them, I don’t operate that way.

I find it necessary to be a bigger asshole than the damn foreigner on the phone. This reminds me of an occasion where one of my former employers said, “I’m paying you to be an asshole!” His name was Danny Hendon. I did a great job. I was the best asshole I could be. In fact, I was such an asshole, I quit working for him and got a job working for a competitor. I had the last laugh.

After cooling off from my AT&T call, I called Qwest. To my amazement, the customer service representative was pleasant and spoke very clear English. After going through all of the information exchange and verification of my identity, I managed to get this person to change the various codes associated with my bill so this issue would not come up in the future.

Finally, she removed that $18.82 charge, bringing my balance down to where it should have been in the first place. I was still not finished. It’s my primary objective to deny money to those that I’m not happy with. I decided to give my caller ID the axe as well. That’s another $9.00/month Qwest will not be seeing from me ever again. Hopefully, they will quit screwing up because I’m running out of things to throw back in their face.

We’ll see what happens when my bill arrives next month. Hopefully, I won’t have to call these idiots again.

“When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another . . . a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”
—The Declaration of Independence

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this is Steph from Qwest. I am sorry to hear about this high bill and the previous billing issues you have had. I would be happy to review this bill and see what needs to happen to correct it. Please email me at talktous@qwest.com with your billing phone number and address, and I'll take a look.

    thank you

    Steph Lake
    Manager - Talk To Qwest Team

    talktous@qwest.com - attention Steph
    www.twitter.com/TalkToQwest

    "At Qwest your account information is confidential and protected by law, so I need your permission to access the account.”

    ReplyDelete