Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I still hate the telephone company . . .Qwest Repair, 10/27/2009



Once again, my telephone was not working correctly. And yes, I still hate the telephone company. After continuous issues and four blogs, I don’t see that ever changing. They could give me free phone service for a year and I would still hate them. How could anyone like something that is consistently unreliable?

I woke up Tuesday morning to find nothing but static on my line. After patiently waiting for close to an hour (watching morons on Judge Joe Brown), I finally got a dial tone. I attempted to connect to the internet and ended up with a 12.0Kb/s dial-up connection speed. That was completely useless to me.

I reluctantly called the Qwest repair service and the technician on the line said he would perform a test and call me back. A few minutes later, he called back stating that there was a problem with my line. I really hate trying to talk to these people. I don’t think their parents or teachers ever told them to speak up/clearly. What they all need is a drill instructor to say, “Sound off like you got a pair!” I would like to tell them, “It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama’s ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress!” (from the movie, “Full Metal Jacket”)

At 11:25AM, I was told that there was a problem and that the problem would be resolved by 8:00PM. As my recent past experiences with windows of opportunity come to mind, I was not all that optimistic. In this day and age it has regrettably become socially, politically and professionally acceptable to make empty promises. It has become nearly impossible to believe anything anyone tells me.

Shortly after noon, I received a call from a different Qwest technician. There was no audible static on the line at the time. This technician said that he would stop by in five or ten minutes.
I made lunch and did a few chores. Afterwards, I picked up the phone and found no dial tone, static or any sort of sound. I’m hearing impaired, so I might have not heard something if it was there. This is why I prefer using the internet to communicate. Emails also leave a record of my words, so I cannot be misquoted.

All of those fancy gadgets that assist people with hearing impairments are not available to low income people. If you have a disability and are not rich, you are simply “shit out of luck“. All of those laws Congress passed over the decades to protect the handicapped and disabled, aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on. The only paper “the system” understands or cares about is money. I have learned this from first hand personal experience. November 1, 2009, marks my second anniversary of being a “Disabled American”.

Once again, I lost my dial tone at 1:53PM and again at 2:11PM. The wind gusts were a bit brisk within this time frame.

Nearly six hours later, dinner is over and that technician that was on his way, has yet to show his face here. This is another missed window of opportunity. How can I believe anyone when they tell me that they are on their way?

Since I’m white, I’m unable to utilize the “race card” in order to receive protection granted under our laws. If I did, I would probably end up on a “threat” list at the Department of Homeland Security.

Previous blogs:

I hate the telephone company!
http://vandal49588.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-hate-telephone-company.html
These so-called customer service representatives are more than likely trained to be total assholes. It’s their desire to make people give up, take their lumps and go away in hopes they never call back. Unfortunately for them, I don’t operate that way.

Qwest Communications and inferior rural telephone service http://vandal49588.blogspot.com/2009/09/update-qwest-communications-and.html
It seems like I lose my dial tone every time the wind blows or it rains. (On 10/27/09, it’s a windy day. The air is full of dust and I‘m having telephone service problems. AGAIN!)

Update: Qwest Communications and inferior rural telephone service in Arizona
http://vandal49588.blogspot.com/2009/09/qwest-communications-and-inferior-rural.html
From my previous blog, most of you know I’m not too pleased with the quality of service my local telephone company provides. After several days, Qwest finally responded to my email. Their response didn’t do all that much to correct any issues. In fact, they did nothing. It was more of an insult than anything else.

At 5:38PM, I made a second call to Qwest to see if their technician was alright. I was concerned that he may have been in a wreck or got blown off his ladder in the wind. The person I spoke with on the telephone didn’t appear to understand what I was saying. Perhaps all of the static on my line prevented her from hearing.

At 6:47PM, a Qwest technician called me and said that he would be in my area to work on my service soon. Should I believe him? Minutes before 8:00PM, I receive another call informing me that my service had been repaired. Although my phone is working now, I have my sincere doubts that I will be trouble free for very long.

Photo: This is where my telephone service comes from. This is how that obese black technician left it back in September. No wonder I have problems with my service. If his supervisor would attempt to take corrective action against this lazy slob, he/she would probably be branded a racist and lose his/her job.
 
“I have never met an honest businessman.”
--Harry L. Hughes III

2 comments:

  1. Hello there, this is Brian with Qwest. I'm sorry that you've had this experience with us. I would be more than to try and help further. Are you still having issues with your phone line?? Do have dial tone at this point??

    If you would like my help further, please e-mail me at TalkToUs@Qwest.com.

    Thanks,

    B
    Consumer Affair Manager
    Qwest Communications
    www.socialmedia.qwest.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Brian's sorry. Do I still have issues? Look at the damn photo Brian! That's they way it looks right NOW!

    ReplyDelete