Saturday, November 21, 2009

My trip to Tucson, AZ. . . .








I got up bright and early this morning and made my way down to Tucson for a Stormfront BBQ. I left my home shortly before 6:00AM. We hold social events like this on a regular basis. The weather was absolutely perfect. Many of us wait all summer for weather like this.

As is the case with many trips, the “getting there” part is half the fun. The drive on 1-10 was about an uneventful as it could be. There was some traffic congestion due to a bicycle race, but nothing else worth mentioning happened on the way down.

The real action was in the Fry’s parking lot at Alvernon Way & Grant Rd. While my colleagues went into the store to pick up a few things for the BBQ, I waited outside and guarded the vehicles.

I wasn’t standing there more than three minutes before this goofy woman stopped near an adjacent gas station, opened her trunk and pulled out a gas can. She walked over to the pumps and began her hustle. She pitched the story, “I’m almost out of gas, can you spare a little.” It worked! I suspect people thought it was easier to giver her some gas rather than to tell her to get lost. I would have had more fun telling her off. During the time I stood there, she ran this game successfully three times in a row. She made three trips back to her car and put the gas in her tank. I’m sure she ended up with a full tank before she was finished.

And to think I’ve been BUYING gasoline all these years. Perhaps I should try this sometime.

While that woman was working her gasoline hustle, I observed two teenaged Mexican girls lurking around the parking lot with bags of tamales. They were ambushing people with their sales pitches as they exited their vehicles. Neither one of them looked like they wanted to be there. I observed each girl make three sales. After each transaction, they would walk up to a very nice looking extra-cab 4x4 with lots of bolt-on diamond plate accessories. They would hand the money to the occupant and return to the parking lot with another bag of tamales. I really doubt either one of them had a food handlers card or a permit to do business.

I think it would be funny if all of their customers would get food poisoning. Who would they sue?

As with any good day, it eventually must come to an end. Our BBQ went well although we expected a few more people to attend. I rolled back into my driveway shortly before 8:00PM.

I noticed the Pima County Sheriff’s Office read my previous blog. Apparently, they have somebody typing in keywords all day. In any case, the law enforcement community didn’t notice our presence.

On December 8, 1984 a young man named Robert Jay Mathews died after an intense gun battle with federal agents on Whidbey Island. Mathews chose a warriors death rather then submit to a Jewish Occupied Government. Despite facing certain death, Mathews still granted quarter during the grueling siege. He stood firm in his convictions to his last breath as federal agents firebombed the house he took refuge in, his charred remains were found in a bathtub which was originally on the second floor.
.
December 8, 2009 will mark 25 years since the death of the only known militia leader in American history who organized on the principle of racial preservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment