Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thanks to illegal aliens and drug trafficking, law abiding citizens are forced off public lands.
















I am not a hardcore astronomy buff, but having a strong science background, I still enjoy observing the heavens from time to time. I am extremely disappointed that the lack of law enforcement and blatant disregard for U.S. immigration policies have cause a group of astronomy hobbyists to abandon a viewing site along Vekol Road. They have been using this dark and remote location for several years.

The Sonoran Desert National Monument should be able to welcome visitors day and night without fear of being attacked, robbed or killed by lawless Mexicans. We can send two divisions of soldiers to beef up Afghanistan, but we cannot make 150 square miles of the Arizona desert safe for citizens?

Can anyone else see something wrong with this picture? Who is more important? Us or them?

East Valley Astronomy Club(EVAC) Deep Sky Star Party

The "deep sky" star party is held on the Saturday closest to new moon. For many years, EVAC has supported the use of a location known as Vekol Rd. This location was East of Gila Bend, and South of I-8. Due to recent events in the Arizona news, and out of caution for our members safety, EVAC is not recommending the use of this location at the present time. A permanent replacement location for the EVAC Deep Sky Star Party has not yet been selected.
http://www.eastvalleyastronomy.org/sp.html

I happen to have an inexpensive telescope sitting in my closet. I acquired it some years ago from the Marlboro Adventure Team promotion and might have used it two or three times before putting it back in the box. I am going to conduct a little experiment out in my Vekol Valley patrol area which is only a few minutes south of the(former) star party location.

I want to spend a couple of hours late one afternoon using my telescope to spot illegal aliens or other suspicious activity on the mountainsides. If this works out, perhaps we can develop a new hobby and further interest in public use of the Sonoran Desert National Monument south of Interstate 8.

A few hours later. . .

As you can see by my photos, I couldn’t wait. I quit typing and packed up my telescope, dog and AK-47 and made my way out to the Vekol Valley to see if this idea would float. By the way, it was 109 degrees today. The hottest day of the year, so far. I’m glad I made the trip. The heat didn’t bother me.

In the hour or two before sunset, I had a really good view of the mountains to my east. There would be too many shadows in the morning hours. I was disappointed not to see one of those drug cartel outposts or any of their lookouts staring back at me through their telescopes.

All in all, it was almost too quiet out there this afternoon. Fortunately, the temperature dropped rapidly as the sun went down. By 8:00PM, it was really comfortable. My dog, Bailey, spent her time exploring and chasing lizards.

I hung around until after dark before leaving. If anybody other than the agents that set up the remote cameras is watching the area, they might have to get used to seeing headlights and vehicles. I intend to continue using this area despite the travel warnings.

It was a beautiful evening and I would like more people to be able to enjoy this scenery. Currently, this place is like my private preserve. Every once in a while, I have to share it with drug smugglers, illegal aliens and nut jobs that shoot at sheriff’s deputies.

Another case where U. S. citizens have been forced off public lands. . .

June 2010
Recently there were reports in the news stating that the Buenos Aries National Wildlife Refuge was closed. This information is not correct. In early 2006, a small section of land (about 3% of the refuge) along the border was closed to visitation. However, no new restrictions are in place and the majority of the refuge remains open. Today, we are seeing a decline in violent activity in the southern most area thanks to ongoing cooperation between the US Fish and Wildlife Service and US Customs and Border Protection. The Refuge will reopen the lands along the border at such time that it is determined to be safe for visitors.
http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/arizona/buenosaires/
http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/arizona/buenosaires/PDFs/Closure.pdf

Five Federal Lands in Arizona Have Travel Warnings in Place

Imagine the federal government closing a section of the Lincoln Memorial because it was under the control of Mexican drug lords and bands of illegal immigrants.

"That is a ludicrous message," he said. "That policy in unacceptable. That strikes of running a policy of appeasement to drug cartels instead of fighting back. Someone has to say that not one inch of American property will be given to the bad guys and not one death is acceptable."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/18/federal-lands-arizona-travel-warnings-place/

I don’t care if it’s 3500 acres or one acre of land. As long as this land is within the borders of the United States of America, it should be open and made safe for public use. Anything less is completely unacceptable. Let’s take back our country. We have the manpower and the technology. It’s the politicians that don’t have the motivation.

“The Sun, with all the planets revolving around it, and depending on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as though it had nothing else in the Universe to do.”
--Galileo Galilei

1 comment:

  1. if some laws are breakble, why not others? if mexicans can come into our country illegally, why can't 17 year-olds vote? if human trafficking is allowed, wy can't I sit on the boarder with a gatlin gun and mow down trespassers?

    ReplyDelete