Saturday, August 7, 2010

Review: Haus Murphy’s German Restaurant
















I don’t go out to eat all that often. More often than not, I’d rather stay home and enjoy my own cooking. When I do dine out, I want it to be something special. My visit to Haus Murphy’s German Restaurant was definitely special.

As with most of my trips, getting there is half the fun. I left home early and ran a few errands beginning in South Phoenix( a.k.a. “the hood”).

My first stop was at a drive-thru scrap metal recycling yard. I had a couple of bags of cans, some copper tubing and a condenser from an old air conditioning unit. I didn’t think I’d get all that much, but to my surprise left with a nice stack of cash.

I made my way to Glendale and stopped at a gas station to top off my tank. A couple was observed exiting the store and they were fighting. She was upset and he was trying to ignore her. This looked like a potential domestic violence situation, so I took my time pumping gas.

It wasn’t long before they were screaming at each other. He jumped in the car and locked her out. He was going to drive off without her. She was cussing him out while grabbing the door handle. She said that she was going to report the car stolen if he took off. I really don’t miss living in Glendale. Too much drama!

I still had some time to kill, so I ventured into Allied Surplus. I had not been in there for years. I found a nice M.O.L.L.E. holster and some magazine pouches for my tactical vest.

I finally reached Haus Murphy’s German Restaurant in time to meet up with my party. There were 15 of us hungry people. I really liked the décor.

When it came time to order, our wonderful and lovely waitress, Jessica, promptly took our orders and brought us drinks. She did a great job.

I tried the Jager Schnitzel, Tender Pork Loin, breaded and sautéed to a golden brown; topped with a Mushroom Demi Sauce. Potatoes, cabbage and soup were served with the entrée. It was great!

After three hours of dining and live entertainment, it was finally time to go home. I have to say that this was one of my best dining experiences in years.

Haus Murphy’s German Restaurant

Located in Downtown Glendale, Arizona
5739 W. Glendale Avenue Ph. 623-939-2480

Good Atmosphere, Good People, Good Entertainment, and Great German Food!
http://www.hausmurphys.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment