Monday, September 6, 2010

How I Spent My Labor Day Weekend. . .
















Of course, I went on illegal immigration patrols in the Sonoran Desert National Monument and saw many interesting things. Illegal aliens and drug smugglers are really making themselves scarce in this area. Unfortunately, my sometimes questionable health caused me to cut some of my outdoor activities short this weekend. I often burn the candle from both ends and find myself overdoing it. Looking back, I was on the go for eight of the last ten days.

Michael Chow of the Arizona Republic came along on Saturday to record my activities. I think we both saw a few things we never expected to encounter.

My long week even included a trip to the dentist chair. He finally replaced the filling that fell out while I was in Los Angeles last April. I had to pay for an exam and cleaning before they would deal with the filling that had already failed twice. They didn‘t charge me for the replacement filling.

I stayed home on Sunday and Monday. I didn’t want to be a casualty as my healthcare plan doesn’t cover everything, especially ambulance rides. Sometimes, the co-pays and deductibles may be more harmful than those things that ail me. Remember, healthcare is only going to get worse under Obamacare. I did clean up my office a little bit and vacuumed up a black widow spider that was under my desk.

Last week’s rain pushed lots of debris including branches and bicycles up against a barbed wire fence under Interstate 8. I also noticed a shoe, but there was no foot in it. Water is a powerful force that never ceases to amaze me. I witnessed the 1977 Johnstown Flood as a teenager. That event has educated me as to what fast moving water can do.

As you can see by my photographs, somebody trekked all the way across the scorching Arizona desert carrying feminine hygiene products only to leave them behind. What was she thinking? If she doesn’t get a job picking produce or cleaning rooms, how will she replace these? What will she do then? Shoplift or make use of some shop rag or something? Maybe, I’d rather not know.

Somebody else ditched their “ Super Wet” hair crap. The worst that could happen to this person is that she’ll turn up at a disco with flat hair and her friends will laugh at her.

On a more negative note, I spotted motor vehicle tracks in washes that are part of the wilderness area. The washes are clearly marked with vehicle restrictions. Upon inspection, I did not find any evidence of drug smuggling. It could very well be the work of some dumb ass that chose to ignore park rules. Bicycles and hang gliders are not even allow in these washes according to the BLM marker. That’s right, hang gliders. That’s something I’d really like to see.

While investigating the tire tracks, I came across a really old ironwood tree. These trees are unique to the Sonoran Desert and can live to be 1500 years old.

Migrants say Arizona worth risk of crossing

NOGALES, Mexico - Hector Ortega stumbled across the body of a fellow migrant as he walked across Arizona's harsh desert in the searing summer heat. He tried not to look too closely.

With nothing to be done for the deceased, Ortega and the others trudged on, guided by a smuggler across the U.S. border, determined to complete their illegal odyssey even as they endured record-high temperatures and fever-pitch resentment.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/08/31/20100831migrants-say-arizona-worth-risk.html

I’d rather be stuck in Mexico alive than be in the U.S. dead. Anyone that would rather be dead, may as well go and blow their brains out or find something high above a hard surface and do a swan dive.

I still have major issues with people that are so willing to quit on their country and turn their backs on their countrymen. Imagine if that was the attitude exhibited by our founding fathers. There would be no United States of America. Mexicans should stop making excuses and fix their country instead of abandoning it.

Having been to Mexico, I can say that there are abundant resources and endless potential. Unfortunately, there is no motivation. We see this exact same thing in most Third World Countries.

Number of illegal immigrants in US now declining

WASHINGTON – The number of illegal immigrants living in the U.S. has dropped for the first time in two decades — decreasing by 8 percent since 2007, a new study finds. The reasons range from the sour economy to Mexican violence and increased U.S. enforcement that has made it harder to sneak across the border. Yahoo News

I wouldn’t be taking this news to the bank. There are more illegal aliens in this country than anyone can possibly count or imagine. The last time an amnesty was granted, nearly three times the number expected, turned up and registered. If amnesty should be granted today, I would expect there to be close to 30 million illegal aliens in the country ready to sign up. . . And they are breeding millions of anchor babies to boot.

"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after." --Dr. William Pierce

1 comment:

  1. Hey Vandal
    The only 2 differences between the SW United States and Mexico is the Longitude / Latitude and the fact that the people of that country [and many other countries] are not willing to make the sacrifices that the White Europeans made. You are correct in stating that the resources are the same, the opportunities are infinite, but the spark and drive required to succeed......it's just not there. They would rather take the easier softer way....Live off the White Europeans who already paved the way.
    It's has to STOP NOW!

    ReplyDelete