Saturday, March 26, 2011

A stroll through my neighborhood with an AR-15 slung over my shoulder.





















A person can't take a casual walk down my street with out having to fend off aggressive free roaming dogs. Recent animal attacks in Phoenix have hit this hiker very close to home.

At 9:05AM on Saturday, March 26, 2011, I stepped out of my yard to take a stroll around my neighborhood with a friend(witness-neighbor) and my dog, Bailey.
.
Almost immediately, Cal Bonefield's (10003 N. White Rd.) dog ran under an electric fence and charged at us. Bonefield was standing right there and his dog retreated before forcing me to shoot it. As we already know from my previous blogs, Cal Bonefield has repeatedly let his dogs roam at large. I've identified him in a previous post as a “scofflaw”.

On February 10, 2011, an animal control officer made contact with me after advising Bonefield to do something about his fence. He has an electric fence to keep his horse in, but it does nothing to prevent dogs from escaping. Apparently, Bonefield doesn't take advice from law enforcement officers.

Despite multiple warnings and citations from Pinal County Animal Care & Control, Bonefield continues to offend. At the very beginning of my "Just another day. . ." blog in 2009, I predicted that he would be a habitual offender. Sometimes, I hate being right. Here it is, 2011. Go ahead and Google Cal Bonefield and see what you get.

One mile later, at Val Vista Rd. & Amarillo Valley Rd. another barking dog ran out into the street and began following us. The dog came from an expensive home. It's been my personal observation that people like this think their shit doesn't stink and that laws are for other people to obey. I'm sure if this dog becomes road pizza, the owner would be the first one to scream. "BLOODY MURDER!"

Man attacked by pit bulls in Phoenix speaks out

PHOENIX - From his hospital bed, Dave McGee tells ABC15 how his Air Force training helped him control two pit bulls that were viciously attacking him and his small dog "Baby".

"I heard our dog, Baby start yelping and screaming," said McGee. "I saw two pit bulls just chewing on her, I mean chewing."

McGee says he developed a plan to get the first pit bull off his little dog.

All of these incidents involving canines attacking humans are preventable. Unfortunately, the punishment rarely fits the crime. When somebody foolishly gambles with the lives of others, it should at least be a felony, not a parking ticket.

I cannot really blame the dogs or even their breed. The responsibility solely rests with the dog's owner and nobody else. All dogs have teeth and are capable of biting.

Pit bull attacks send 3 to Phoenix hospital

PHOENIX - Maricopa County Animal Control officers said three people had to be taken to a hospital after two separate pit bull attacks in a north Phoenix neighborhood.

The first one happened at a home near 21st Avenue and Union Hills Drive.

Suzanne McGee told ABC15 the pit bulls attacked her family dog in the front yard. http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/north_phoenix/pd%3A-pit-bulls-attack-several-people-in-phoenix-neighborhood

Two hours into our walk, a Pinal County Sheriff's deputy pulled up behind us in response to multiple "man with gun" 911 calls. I told the deputy that it wasn't safe to walk in my neighborhood without one. He thought that the Pinal County Animal Care & Control people should crack down on this lawlessness. I told the deputy that I felt safer in the Vekol Valley drug corridor. The fact is, I do.

Despite living in a rural area in a state where it's legal to openly carry firearms and legal to carry concealed handguns without a permit, it's amazing at how many cowards live out here, just waiting to call 911 at the first sight of a weapon. They'd better get used to it. I will not stop carrying. I refuse to be a prisoner in my own fenced and gated yard.

I will continue to carry the AR-15 rifle over my shoulder until it is safe to walk on my street. After 16+ years of dog at large problems, I don't see that day ever coming. I hope everybody gets scared and complains. I'm not breaking any laws.

Sooner or later the Sheriff will get tired of all of the 911 calls and start “jacking up” the dog owners instead. That's just wishful thinking on my part. The P.C.S.O. has clearly stated to me that they don't handle dog problems. Since P.C.A.C.C. doesn't work 24/7, it will be up to me to protect myself. I don't have a problem with that. Our Founding Fathers took care of their own problems. They did with rifles. And were very successful.

Less than a quarter mile from my home, another dog runs out in the street and barks at us. The Animal Control officers should contract us out and simply follow us as we walk around our neighborhood. They could make thousands of dollars from fines if they did. I would certainly accept a commission if offered.

Purim, Feb. 25, 1994, Israeli army officer Baruch Goldstein, an orthodox Jew from Brooklyn, massacred 40 Palestinian civilians, including children, while they knelt in prayer in a mosque. Goldstein was a disciple of the late Brooklyn Rabbi Meir Kahane, who told CBS News that his teaching that Arabs are "dogs" is derived "from the Talmud." (CBS 60 Minutes, "Kahane").

2 comments:

  1. Sunday, March 27, 2011: Bonefield has a new roll of fencing out front. Is he learning, yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last photo. Reminds me of this one:

    http://www.hmtk.com/wp-content/uploads/fallout3_7.jpg

    ReplyDelete