Sunday, March 13, 2011

Walking down my street is still a dangerous proposition.
















Dogs roaming at large still makes being a pedestrian, a dangerous proposition in my neighborhood. People are still ignoring laws and common sense. Walking as a recreational activity on Val Vista Road in Thunderbird Farms south of Maricopa, AZ still requires me to carry an AR-15 rifle with a 30rd. Magazine along with my Canon camera.

When I began this blog in June of 2009, my intention was to inform and educate the dumb asses that inhabit my neighborhood. I'm convinced that most of the population is too stupid to exercise common sense. Dogs at large and public safety was my first topic.
.
This is the post that got “Just another day” started:

It's not safe to walk on my street

On Saturday, June 6, 2009, this dog chased a bicyclist, three girls on horseback and confronted me at my front gate. This all happened before 6:00AM. The dog resides at 10003 N. White Rd Maricopa, AZ 85239. The property is owned by Cal Bonefield.

On a previous occasion, Pinal County Animal Care/Control responded to Bonefield's residence due to a dog at large complaint. A dog was taken away from his home at that time. Apparently, Bonefield thinks that he is above the law. Not long after the first incident, he acquired another even more aggressive dog which he freely allows to roam at large and endanger people's lives. I believe this violates A.R.S. 13-1208. The way I see it, Cal Bonefield is a criminal and he should be treated like one. http://vandal49588.blogspot.com/2009_06_21_archive.html

Today, Sunday, March 13, 2011, I took my dog, Bailey and a friend for a walk eastbound on Val Vista Road. We didn't make it half a mile before a pack of German Shepherds ran out of their yard and out on to the street. I actually chambered a round in my AR-15 rifle. I didn't know what these dogs were going to do.

Fortunately, my aggressive stance and yelling encouraged these free roaming dogs to go back to where they belonged.

These dogs were located at Abbott's German Shepherds at 50956 W. Val Vista Rd.(520-568-3843). One would think dog breeders would know better than to let their dogs roam at large. Hopefully, some mutt will contaminate the bloodline making their dogs worth substantially less.

On the return trip, Abbott's neighbor walked out and we spoke with him for a few minutes. He had a large dog and kept it under control. He went on to tell me that Abbott left the responsibility of keeping his gate closed to his children.

A few minutes later, a large dog ran out on the street from 50880 W. Val Vista Rd. Again, no caring dog owner came out to see what I was yelling at. The dog was "encouraged" to return to its' yard. This residence was once a very popular drug house. I'm not sure if it's still being used for this unlawful activity.
.
Never leave adult responsibilities to children. They'll always let you down. I'm reasonably sure the homeowner would blame his kids if one of their dogs attacked and bit a human. This is the sort of irresponsible “idiot”s mentality” I seem to deal with on an almost daily basis, here in Thunderbird Farms.
.
In all, we walked a little over five miles. I lost count of the number of dogs we saw roaming around unsupervised.

Bold
From the Pinal County Sheriff's Office. . .

110310243 No Code Entered ANIMAL CONTROL
Incident Address : W PAPAGO RD & N BREWER RD MARICOPA
Time Reported: 23:00
Time Occurred between: 22:58:35 03/10/11 - 22:58:35 03/10/11
Cad Info: RP SAW A BLK SUV, PSBLY CHEV TAHOE OR TRAILBLAZER, SLAMMED INTO A DOG AND LEFT, RP STOPPED AND PICKED UP THE DOG, SAYS SHE IS BARELY BREATHING. RP REQ CONTACT. ANIMAL CONTROL ADVISED

I love reports like this. Some irresponsible idiot lets their dog roam at large and it gets hit by a car. Rather than blame the dog's owner, the motorist that hits the dog is demonized for driving away. Why should a motorist care about an animal if it's owner didn't care enough to keep it safe at home?

A couple of months ago, a large dog bounced off the 3” chrome bull bar on the front of my truck and ran away. I didn't slow down or even bother to look. Why should I care? I found that caring about the welfare of animals and public safety only gets you unfounded complaints and criminal charges.

If you don't believe me, come watch my upcoming trial at the Maricopa Justice Court at 19955 N. Wilson Ave. on April 26, 2011 and you'll see what I mean.

When the battle ended and the smoke had cleared away, they found a bullet in his head but still they heard him say,"You pushed me too far this time, so I did what I had to do. You only got one of me, but I got a bunch of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment